Monday, February 1, 2010

Odilon Redon

So I mentioned him in one of the first days of class but I'll bring him up again.

Odilon Redon. One of my favourite artists. And I am just reminded of his work repeatedly while doing these readings. In On Ugliness, for instance, malformations of the human form. It is exactly what makes his work so mesmerizing for me. I just love everything about his early charcoals. His later work, I'm not so keen on. But his early works. Those are art.

Here's some examples. They get cut off by my browser, but if you click them you can see the uncropped images. I don't really have much to say about them, not for lack of knowledge on the subject but because I think that the pictures show so much more than I could. Gosh I just love them.












-Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment