Monday, April 26, 2010

More Bicycle Crashes

Keeping in line with my posts of bicycle crashes, I would like to show you my most recent bruises but I don't think I can since most of my road rash is on my butt. It was very painful skidding across the ground on my butt for a few feet, but luckily, no one went over top of me. My bike shorts, however, were absolutely destroyed and I was indecent for a while longer. Then, when the medic had to clean me up, I was left mooning the entire field as they came down a hill. Boy, what fun!

Anyways, the worse crash happened to one of the guys competing for the yellow jersey (the overall winner of the conference). It's been a fierce battle between a rider from Penn and a rider from University of Vermont, and this weekend, it finally ended (Penn's Max Korus won!). Anyways, there was this horrific accident as the other kid was crossing the finish line. In the sprint to the end, his foot came unclipped from his pedal and he skidded off the road, tumbling multiple times. I wasn't there to witness it, but apparently it was as unsettling and just plain horrifying as anything anybody there has seen. I haven't found any pictures of the crash online (yet), but here's the picture of him crossing the finish line in second place. Pretty chilling in its own regard:



-Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment