Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Requiem for a Dream

I could have sworn that I posted something about this but I don't think I did. Anyways, I just wanted to throw out this movie for anybody that hasn't seen it (Requiem for a Dream, that is). It's disturbing on many levels as it reveals the addictions of those around us (heroin, prescription drugs, television, weight, sex, fame, money, probably a few more). It's extremely poignant and I feel like most that watch it feel such an overwhelming feeling of despair by the end that they aren't sure if they would ever watch it again, regardless of how much they liked it as a film. I can't recommend it enough, but you just need to know what you are getting yourself into before watching. Beautiful cinematography, one of the best scores of any film I've ever seen, and as emotion-invoking as just about any piece of art I have ever encountered. Simply beautiful. And grotesque.


-Colby

1 comment: